The Connecticut Brain Tumor Alliance, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to offering support and compassion to those affected by brain tumors. Our mission is to raise awareness of the disease, provide hope and support for others living with brain tumors in Connecticut, and raise money to support and advocate for cutting-edge research for better treatments and a cure.
Connecticut Brain Tumor Alliance, Inc. ("CTBTA") funds support the following:
- Patient Assistance Funds to help brain tumor patients and their families in need at Hartford Hospital, Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Connecticut Children's Medical Center, Yale Brain Tumor Center, and St. Vincent's Medical Center.
- Funding for brain tumor research in Connecticut. The CTBTA is currently supporting important research projects at the Yale Brain Tumor Center, Connecticut Children's Medical Center, University of Connecticut Health Center, and St. Vincent's Medical Center.
- Funding support for the creation of a nurse navigator position at a local hospital to help brain tumor patients from point of diagnosis and throughout treament.
- Scholarship funding for brain tumor Survivors pursuing their college dreams through the Reginald Anderson Memorial Scholarship and through Patient Assistance Funds.
- Patient Outreach connecting newly diagnosed brain tumor patients with Survivors, Survivors with Survivors, and Caregivers with Caregivers.
- Awareness initiatives in support of our mission to increase awareness of the disease and the need for better treatments and the cure.
Gala of Hope
The Connecticut Brain Tumor Alliance is proud to present the "Gala of Hope: A Black & White Ball to Celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Connecticut Brain Tumor Alliance." Friday, May 19, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. at the Society Room of Hartford.
Join us for this one-time-only, special celebration to honor our survivors and those whom we remember and to celebrate ten meaningful years. Tickets are $200 per person, include cocktails, dinner, and dancing, and benefit the Connecticut Brain Tumor Alliance. The Gala of Hope is a black-tie event, where guests are invited to wear black, white, or gray as a tribute to the gray ribbon -- because Gray matters. Ticket purchase information coming soon.
COMMUNITY HOSTED EVENTS
4th Annual Teen Trivia Challenge at Kingswood Oxford
Student Emily Lemkuil presents the 4th Annual Teen Trivia Challenge at the Kingswood Oxford School on Friday, March 3, 2017 from 6:30 to 10 p.m. to benefit the Connecticut Brain Tumor Alliance.
Teams of teens at this fun event will compete against other teens from around Connecticut in a trivia contest. Tickets are $20 per person and include game admission and food provided by Naples Pizza, California Pizza Kitchen, and A.C. Petersen Farms. Proceeds benefit the Connecticut Brain Tumor Alliance.
Contact Emily at (860) 951-1504 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up by February 17th.
Download the Teen Trivia Night Flyer
Download the Teen Trivia Sign-up Sheet
More information & Teen Trivia 2016 photos
St. Vincent's Brain Tumor Center Symposium
Thursday, May 11, 2017
Hawley Conference Center, I & II
St. Vincent's Medical Center