The Connecticut Brain Tumor Alliance, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to offering support and compassion to those affected by brain tumors. Our mission is to raise awareness of the disease, provide hope and support for others living with brain tumors in Connecticut, and raise money to support and advocate for cutting-edge research for better treatments and a cure.
Connecticut Brain Tumor Alliance, Inc. ("CTBTA") funds support the following:
- Patient Assistance Funds to help brain tumor patients and their families in need at Hartford Hospital, Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Connecticut Children's Medical Center, Yale Brain Tumor Center, and St. Vincent's Medical Center.
- Funding for brain tumor research in Connecticut. The CTBTA is currently supporting important research projects at the Yale Brain Tumor Center, Connecticut Children's Medical Center, University of Connecticut Health Center, and St. Vincent's Medical Center.
- Funding support for the creation of a nurse navigator position at a local hospital to help brain tumor patients from point of diagnosis and throughout treament.
- Scholarship funding for brain tumor Survivors pursuing their college dreams through the Reginald Anderson Memorial Scholarship and through Patient Assistance Funds.
- Patient Outreach connecting newly diagnosed brain tumor patients with Survivors, Survivors with Survivors, and Caregivers with Caregivers.
- Awareness initiatives in support of our mission to increase awareness of the disease and the need for better treatments and the cure.
Laughter on the Brain
Join us at the 5th Annual Laughter on the Brain on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at Infinity Music Hall & Bistro in Hartford, Connecticut. This year's Laughter event will once again celebrate "laughter as the best medicine," giving survivors, caregivers, supporters, and community members the chance to share laughs together, while raising funds to support brain tumor patients and their families. More information.
Gray Ribbon Club
Brain tumor patients, survivors and caregivers! We are excited to share that our first Gray Ribbon Club meeting will take place on May 25, 2016 at the NoRA Cupcake Company in West Hartford at 6:30 p.m. Free to attend. Read more about it.
9th Annual CTBTA Golf Tournament
Join us and Emcee Bob Maxon from NBC Connecticut at the spectacular Golf Club of Avon for our premier golf event on Monday, June 27, 2016 in Avon, Connecticut. This important event began our tradition of supporting brain tumor patients and their families with Patient Assistance Funds. See you on the green! More information.
COMMUNITY HOSTED EVENTS
Kidz Konnection: Dedicates Its Season to Brain Tumor Awareness
Kidz Konnection celebrates its 10th year and Kiara Lopez, one of its longest members and a courageous pediatric brain tumor survivor, by dedicating a portion of their proceeds from their entire theatrical season to the CTBTA. Thank you Kidz Konnection! Read the full story.
Florence Thermidor 5K Walk/Run for Brain Tumor Awareness
Created in memory of a beloved sister, mother, and wife, the Florence Thermidor 5K Walk/Run for Brain Tumor Awareness returns this year as the kick-off to Brain Tumor Awareness Month. Join her daughter and organizer, Sadiya Thermidor, and the UCONN Community at the UCONN Health Center in Farmington, CT on Saturday, May 7, 2016 to raise awareness and funds to benefit the CTBTA! The walk/run begins at 10:00 A.M.
Healthy Living Retreat
Our friends at the Brain Injury Alliance are hosting a Healthy Living Retreat for people with brain injury at Trinity College, Hartford, CT on June 3, 2016 from 10:00-3:00 p.m. Free to attend, the event offers Tai Chi, an art therapy workshop, and a music therapy workshop and is open to our community at the Connecticut Brain Tumor Alliance. More info.