The Connecticut Brain Tumor Alliance, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to offering support and compassion to those affected by brain tumors. Our mission is to raise awareness of the disease, provide hope and support for others living with brain tumors in Connecticut, and raise money to support and advocate for cutting-edge research for better treatments and a cure.
Connecticut Brain Tumor Alliance, Inc. ("CTBTA") funds support the following:
- Patient Assistance Funds to help brain tumor patients and their families in need at Hartford Hospital, Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Connecticut Children's Medical Center, Yale Brain Tumor Center, and St. Vincent's Medical Center.
- Funding for brain tumor research in Connecticut. The CTBTA is currently supporting important research projects at the Yale Brain Tumor Center, Connecticut Children's Medical Center, University of Connecticut Health Center, and St. Vincent's Medical Center.
- Funding support for the creation of a nurse navigator position at a local hospital to help brain tumor patients from point of diagnosis and throughout treament.
- Scholarship funding for brain tumor Survivors pursuing their college dreams through the Reginald Anderson Memorial Scholarship and through Patient Assistance Funds.
- Patient Outreach connecting newly diagnosed brain tumor patients with Survivors, Survivors with Survivors, and Caregivers with Caregivers.
- Awareness initiatives in support of our mission to increase awareness of the disease and the need for better treatments and the cure.
Wines of March
Join us Saturday, March 12, 2016 from 7:00-10:00 p.m at The Mark Twain House again this year! It is a special night of wine and beer tasting, along with a live auction and some wonderful surprises. Private Mark Twain House tours at 7:15 p.m. and 9:15 p.m. We'll celebrate St. Patrick's Day a little early with a live Irish rock band -- The Rude Mechanicals. Wear green and help us bring "the luck of the Irish" to the fight against brain tumors! Tickets
COMMUNITY HOSTED EVENTS
Kidz Konnection: Mary Poppins
Kidz Konnection celebrates its 10th year and Kiara Lopez, one of its longest members and a Survivor, with the musical MARY POPPINS on Friday, March 11, 2016 at 7:00 p.m., Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 1:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m., and on Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. at the Andrews Memorial Town Hall in Clinton, Connecticut. A portion of the proceeds benefits the CTBTA. Read the full story.
Paint for a Cause: The Reginald Anderson Memorial Scholarship
Join Gina Lowther at Muse Paintbar & Eatery, 69 Raymond Road, West Hartford, Connecticut on Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 11:30 a.m. as she hosts Paint for a Cause to raise money to fund the 2nd Annual Reginald Anderson Memorial Scholarship awarded through the CTBTA to a brain tumor survivor pursuing his/her dream of higher education. Doors open at 11:30 a.m. Painting begins at 12:00 noon. Snacks and beverages provided; beer and wine can be purchased at the bar. Tickets are $45.
Holden It Together for the Connecticut Brain Tumor Alliance
Join Miss Forestville 2016, Allison Owsianko, at Nuchie's Restaurant, 164 Central Street, Forestville, Connecticut on Saturday, April 2, 2016 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. for "Holden It Together" to benefit the CTBTA. Miss Owsianko has made brain tumor awareness her platform as she competes for the title of Miss Connecticut. The event features the live band, "Cajun Ray and The Steamers." Tickets are $20 for adults and $15 for children under 10. For ticket information, please call (860) 585-7485 or find Allison Owsianko on Facebook.